Arranging Your Trip
Request to Travel Form (RTT)
- This will need to be completely filled out with accurate information about your upcoming trip. Once it is signed by yourself and verified by your supervisor, and submit before your departure date.
Travel Advance Forms
- The Employer / Employee Agreement form applies if you would like a travel advance purchase of your flight, even if non-benefits eligible. Your supervisor will have to complete and sign this form and turn it in to staff prior to the purchasing of your travel arrangements, with the details of your purposed arragements; e.g., who, where, when, why, how much? Which means completing the Travel Advance Excel Worksheet in its entirety as well as providing a record locator number of your reserved flight.
- Note: The following services can be paid for in advance of travel: Airfare, lodging, rental car, meals and approved incidental expenses. Advance services are paid for with a centrally billed Travel Advance Card (TAC). The vendor MUST accept the Travel Mastercard as a form of payment. Please confirm the vendor's ability to accept a centrally billed credit card before you book travel arrangements with that vendor.
Completing Your Trip Reimbursments, Etc.
- Email a Travel Voucher Worksheet with your name, address, I.D., employment title and purpose of travel filled out along with the trip dates, per diem requests, items to be expensed, and yout record of transportation and duties performed. Staff will fill out the rest and prepare for signatures. [There is a step-by-step guide to filling out the Travel Voucher HERE] Remember, a complete travel voucher means a quicker turnaround on reimbursement!
- Any and all documentation proving travel funding from the source; e.g. CAS (Supplemental Travel), graduate school, CEP, the department, Student Government, etc.
- Original Boarding pass, if flying (at least one to prove you boarded the proposed flight.)
- Flight Itinerary, with prove of purchase (please have itinerary show both departure and arrival dates & locations)
- If driving, provide round-trip mileage printed from GoogleMaps
- Original receipts with proof of purchase (i.e. last 4 digits of credit card used for purchase) organized, labeled and taped together to blank paper or enveloped. NOTE: Every receipt you want reimbursed must show some form of payment was already paid -- not that you were simply charged, but prove you paid.
- If you claim per diem instead, provide staff with specific meals covered each day and how many days you would like per diem meals for.