I. House Bill 2504 Compliance
Texas HB 2504 requires that we make publically accessible information for all "undergraduate classroom courses," defined as organized classes (THECB CBM004 code 001 ). This does not include labs, independent study classes, lessons, etc. We comply by posting all undergraduate syllabi electronically. This MUST be done by the 7th day of term.
For each class, a SYLLABUS must be uploaded that includes:
- a description (P&R interprets this to include due dates, value and evaluation criteria) of course requirement(s), assignment(s) and exam(s)
- a list of required and recommended reading
- a general description of the subject matter for each class meeting (interpreted to mean minimally: lecture, open dialogue, student presentation, etc.; if reading and topic are detailed for the class, you are in compliance)
learning outcomes: e.g., familiarity with philosophical figures and debates covered; skills for reading philosophical and scholarly texts; skills for writing philosophical papers
Also, for each class, a CURRICULUM VITAE of the instructor must be uploaded on the Faculty Information System. Do not forget to include keyword terms/phrases for search/drill. Include professional information only.
II. Additionally, include the following REQUIRED INFORMATION IN YOUR SYLLABUS:
- Instructor Contact Information
- Office location
- Office Hours
- Department telephone number
- UNT Email address
- TA Contact Information (if applicable)
- Attendance Policy
- Grading Policy
- Makeup/Late Assignment Policy
- The following statements:
- Students are responsible for reading, understanding and knowing UNT's Academic Dishonesty Policy that can be found at: http://www.vpaa.unt.edu/academic-integrity.htm
- The University of North Texas is on record as being committed to both the spirit and letter of federal equal opportunity legislation; reference Public Law 92-112 - The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended. With the passage of new federal legislation entitled Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), pursuant to section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, there is renewed focus on providing this population with the same opportunities enjoyed by all citizens.
- Drop/Withdrawal Information, and other important Academic Dates can be found at http://essc.unt.edu/registrar/schedule/scheduleclass.html